Monday, September 17, 2012

Packing and departure

The past few days have been a flurry of laundry and packing. I arrived home from Seattle/my summer job with only 6 days to do ALL of my laundry from the summer (the dryer at the house I lived this summer had broken). I also had various appointments and duties before I left. Therefore I was extremely busy and a bit stressed out (I apologize to the friends back home I didn't get to see before I left!).

Somehow, though, I managed to get it all done and pack everything I will need for the entire year into a suitcase and my Kelty backpack. Most of what I packed is pretty standard, except for a few of my old prom dresses (never thought I'd use those again...). Other students who studied at Oxford in years past told me that fancy dresses are a must because of formal dinners and events.

My flight leaves Seattle around 1 p.m. today, and then I have a layover in Washington D.C. I will arrive in London tomorrow around 10 a.m. My mom and I will sight-see in London for a few days, and then begin a tour of Southwestern England. I will post further updates upon arrival in the U.K.!

Everything I'm taking. It doesn't seem like much!

At my house with my longtime best friend (9 years!) and summer housemate Liz. I will miss her so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment