Saturday, November 3, 2012

Halloween and my scout Kat

Hello everyone! I am officially half way done with this term, or trimester. Each term is only 8 weeks long, so only 4 left to go! School is going really well--I feel like I've found my stride in terms of the work load, and I really like both of my tutors, Philip and Sebastian. Last Wednesday I had to ride my bike to my Philosophy of Religion tutorial and it was pouring rain. I was completely drenched by the time I got to Philip's office! But he offered my tea and coffee, and I got to enjoy some quality coffee (much better than the instant I've been making) during our meeting.

This week I'm reading Hegel's Outlines of the Philosophy of Right, and for my Philosophy of Religion tutorial I'm reading about teleological arguments regarding God.

Last Wednesday was also Halloween. I didn't celebrate too much, although I did go to formal hall, which was Halloween themed. For dinner we had carrot soup, lamb, mashed potatoes, green beans, carrots, and a chocolate tart. It was delicious. A lot of people dressed up and it was an overall great time.

Now, a word about my scout, Kat. A scout is someone that cleans the dorm I live in. My scout's name is Kat, and she is so kind. Once a week, she vacuums and cleans my room, and just generally checks to make sure I'm doing well. She is always smiling and cheerful and it always brightens my day when I see her. She also motivates me to tidy up my room before she comes, which is no small feat.

I'd like to give a special shout out to Sharon, Mrs. B, and my aunt Debbie who have all recently written to me about my blog! I'm glad you're enjoying it, and any other readers please feel free to email me.

My friend Hyerin dressed as Hillary Clinton from the site "Texts from Hillary"

Halloween formal hall with Esther, Hayley, and Gavi.

Hyerin and Emily at formal hall.

With my friend Sarah, who also goes to Wellesley. Photo credit Hyerin P.

One class's reading for one week. Photo credit Christina P.

1 comment: